Epsilon® Low Spill Coupling System
EPSILON® is a low spill coupling, based on a double ball valve system integrating a sophisticated safety design. Beyond the common advantages of a ball valve design, EPSILON® provides for product flow through an unrestricted flowpath and double shut-off reliability in the coupling connection.
The EPSILON® Coupling System is designed to prevent chemical spills and reduce fugitive emissions of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), particularly in the process facility and during transfer to and from tank trucks and tank cars.
During in-plant chemical transfers, the EPSILON® Chemical Containment System will provide your Plant with process flexibility, while improving operator safety, enhancing environmental compliance and reducing overall capital expenditures and operating costs.
• Bulk Storage
• In-plant Processing
• Reactor Units
• Filtration Units
• Tank Car
Features & Benefits
- Dry Disconnect Reliability – Low spill face seal reduces amount of loss upon disconnect, specified to less than 0.40 ml spillage for the 2” coupling (2000 cycles test average 0.6 ml) and less than 0.10ml of a teaspoon (half an eyedropper).
- Enhanced Environmental Compliance – Positive shut-off of coupling halves eliminates line contamination and accidental release of potentially hazardous fluids into the environment during connection and disconnection.
- Full Flow – Straight-through flow path provides unrestricted flow in either direction, minimizing pressure drop. Unrestricted flow path provides less than 1 psi pressure drop at 560LPM.
- Unparalleled Safety – Multiple safety interlocks eliminate unintentional spills and catastrophic chemical releases that threaten worker safety and the environment.
- EPSILON® safety interlocks force the valves to open and close only with a deliberate action, preventing accidental opening of the valve.
- Prevents Cross-Contamination – Optional keyed couplings mechanically lock out and isolate transfer lines.
Next generation PTFE with best combination of temperature ranging from -22°F (-30°C) to 450°F (230°C), sealing, and sliding characteristics.
Available in ¾", 1", 1½”, 2" and 3” Sizes.
Available in Stainless Steel and Hastelloy® C.
FDA-compliant seal materials, TFM or PFA.
Available with end connections complying to ANSI and DIN standards.
Pressure & Temperature Ratings
Constructed to handle pressure of 435 psi (30 Bar) temperatures from -30°C up to 230°C.