SAMPI Positive Displacement Flow Meters (SM-Series)
SAMPI meters are known worldwide for exceptional accuracy, reliability and longevity in a broad range of applications. Meters provide exceptionally accurate service when using unique positive displacement metering principle, even under variable operating conditions.
The SAMPI PD meter consists of a housing in which two vanes and a rotor turn in synchronized relationship within three cylindrical bores with no metal-to-metal contact within the meter element.
Typical products measured are: adhesives, agricultural chemicals, asphalt, animal feeds, aviation, beverages, concrete add mixtures, cosmetics, crude oil, dairy products, fuel, fuel oil, industrial chemicals, liquid fertilizers, liquefied gasses, lube oils, pharmaceutical chemicals, paints and varnishes, printing ink, processed foods, refined petroleum products, and so on.
Typical industry applications are:
- Terminal & Bulk Plant
- General Industrial
- Other Mobile Applications
Features & Benefits
- Superior Accuracy at constant flow: With all other conditions being constant, the SAMPI meter does not vary more than 0.05% in repeatability over the entire range.
- Accuracy over the widest range of flow: The SAMPI meter has an ideal combination of minimum seal or slippage area with lowest pressure differential across the seal. This results in better accuracy over a wide range of flow than available in other type of commercially produced positive displacement meters.
- Accuracy regardless of pressure fluctuations: With the SAMPI meter's unique dual-case design, the bearing surfaces of the meter element are internally and externally subjected to the same system pressure. Therefore, the meter element cannot be stretched or distorted to cause changes in seal area that would adversely affect accuracy.
- Low Maintenance cost.
- Low pressure loss.
- Self-contained operation without electrical power.
- Available with traditional mechanical seals or with glandless magnetic driven pulse output device.
- Weights & Measures approval (world-wide) for custody transfer.
- Electronic accessories designed and approved to ATEX 94/9 normative.
1" 1/2 up to 4".
19 L/min - 3,780 L/min.
ANSI Flanged, NPT, BSPT, Slip Weld.
Cast Case: 10 & 25 bar (150 & 350 PSI) non-shock working pressure.
Two Case Steel Case: 10/10, 10/21, 20/20, 20/50 bar (150/150, 150/275, 300/300, 300/720 PSI); 40/100 bar (600/1440 PSI) ANSI non-shock working pressure.
-Meter Body, Rotor and Vanes: Aluminium, Hard Anodized Aluminium, Cast Iron, Steel, Stainless Steel.
-Seals: Buna "N", Viton®, Teflon®.
Accuracy (Mechanical Registration)
Capable of ±0.125% over a 5:1 range.
Capable of ±0.22% over a 10:1 range.
Capable of ±0.5% over a 40:1 range.
Repeatability (Mechanical Registration)
0.05% (±0.025%) of reading over entire range.
|Model||Flange Size||Max Nom. Flow Rate|
|SM5||1½" or 2"||227 L/Min|
|SM7||2"or 1½"||500 L/Min|
|SM1A7||2"or 1½"||380 L/Min|
|SM15||3" or 2"||1,000 L/Min|
|SM30||4" or 3"||1,700 L/Min|